- New (beta) global terrain dataset provides broader context around the maps to understand how the world looks in areas not yet surveyed. Read more here
- New export of textured mesh maps to 3D OBJ files for use in Unity and AR/VR applications.
- Improved loading progress bar to give users a better sense of when the application is loading more data.
- Implemented dramatic performance improvements across the Maps application.
- Improved performance for pan/zoom in the Default Textured Mesh UI to match that of the Point Cloud experience.
- Fixed a bug where the Default Textured Mesh UI wouldn’t load in single model view without toggling Point Cloud first.
Hivemapper Map Generation
- Expanded support of up to 8k video resolution when processing. Simply set the ‘Map Resolution’ to ‘High’ when uploading video(s) and Hivemapper will do the rest. Read more here
- New automated LiDAR check and import for every video upload.
- Migration to latest GRiD endpoint to provide improved up-time for LiDAR imports.
- Expanded automated health checks for Hivemapper Colony installs to validate additional tileset existence needed for LiDAR import.
Get started with Hivemapper today or contact us with any questions.